Wednesday 2 January 2013

And you wonder why I forget your birthday

Yet another demonstration of why I had to leave my relatives. My dad has actually gotten a little better, despite the occasional guilt trip that I shrug off easily now, but my cousin is out of control.

I've explained my poly to her, and that I am in love with these boys and that that's why I moved out here, to get away from my father's guilt tripping and to be with the people I love. And yet for New Year's, she sends me an email wishing me happiness and prosperity and so on, and ending with the words:

When are you coming home? You've had your fun, we're all waiting for you!

God. I just--

These fucking people. 

2 comments:

  1. Woooow holy shit. "You've had your fun"???

    YEP

    'CAUSE ESCAPING EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE TO GO LIVE IN A SITUATION OF YOUR CHOOSING

    THAT'S FUN

    AND NOW YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH

    THINK OF ENGLAND WHY DON'T YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, tell me about it. I just wrote back and told her I wasn't nearly ready to visit England again. I don't understand why despite everything I've explained, they still thing that I'm going to think of that family as home and want to go back. It's like they think that if they just keep talking about it that way, eventually I'll agree??

      Delete