Thursday 24 January 2013

Gatsby and Banana Slicers

I will have you all know that I turned on my laptop today to find that vet tech husband had left this on my offline IMs:


For those of you who don't know me too well, cats and deer are my favorite animals. This brightened my day immeasurably.

I finished reading The Great Gatsby this morning in preparation for the upcoming movie and oh boy, was I blown away. Long post to follow about that. 

I had a homemade chocolate muffin of vet tech husband's own personal creation for breakfast (he somehow unintentionally recreated a chocolate muffin recipe that I used to love when I was a kid), and then for lunch I had oatmeal with brown sugar and sliced bananas. Writer husband bought me an amazing gift a few days ago: the Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer.


Click on that link and go to the Amazon page. Read the reviews. Do it. They are all hilarious. I read through about eight or nine pages (of 245) before I had to call it a day, but holy shit, they're funny. And then because I browse Amazon on writer husband's account, of all the things I had looked at, Amazon sent him an email about said banana slicer recommending that he buy it. He then had to turn around, this being the first he'd ever heard of it, and actually ask me if I had been looking at banana slicers on Amazon. 

It showed up in the mail a couple of days ago and I am still laughing about it. He bought bananas today and I had to slice one. 

In other news, I got a second job - some ritzy cleaning company that pays a minimum of $13 an hour (with a max of $16) hired me full time. I have training the week of February 4th, and I start work the week after that. I'm a little nervous since this is the first time I've properly worked, but the money's good and I'm fed up with being so tight for cash so on the whole I'm excited for it!

We're going out to a burger place by the mall that we haven't been to before, so I guess I'll be writing a review of that pretty soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment